Nate Diaz doesn't need a rematch with Conor McGregor, because the Stockton Native feels he's already beat the Irishman twice.
Diaz stepped in for an injured Rafael dos Anjos at UFC 196 in March of last year and went on to choke out the then-featherweight champ in the second round. It was McGregor's first career loss under the UFC banner.
The pair rematched in the main event of UFC 202 live on pay-per-view (PPV) from the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada last August. McGregor won the close contest via majority decision on the scorecards - but not on Diaz's card.
Article continues below
Earlier today (Wed. May 3, 2017) Diaz joined The MMA Hour to discuss his fighting future, seeing as he's been out-of-action since taking on McGregor in August and shot down any hope of a trilogy bout with 'Notorious' for the time being.
Diaz feels as though he won both of their meetings and has no intentions of getting into the Octagon with McGregor anytime soon (quotes via MMA Fighting):
Article continues below
“I’m the two-time world champ, because I whipped his f*cking ass after he fought Jose Aldo and I whipped his ass right before he fought Eddie Alvarez,” Diaz said. “
And he knocked these guys out and everybody seems to have forgot what happened. It just went away?”
“He’s the f*cking bitch,” Diaz said. “You’re the f*cking bitch, Conor. You f*cking got your ass whipped and you’re running around like, ‘I’m the two-belt champion, I overcame adversity.’
I’m like when? When you were quitting in that second fight? In the third round, he was making sounds like, ‘ugh, ugh.’
“He’s like crying, you know what I’m saying? When you’re a fighter, you understand. You know when somebody is being a little bitch.”
“I don’t want a f*cking third fight,” Diaz said. “F*ck Conor. He can f*cking fight himself.”
Diaz noted that he and his brother, Nick, are currently in training for races, and also revealed he was offered a fight with No. 2-ranked lightweight Tony Ferguson - which he accepted. However, he only accepted the fight under his own 'conditions', which weren't accepted by the UFC.
For now, Diaz is planning on taking the year of 2017 off with his brother. He will only take a fight if the money is right or if a certain opponent is able to light a fire under him.
Who would you like to see Nick and Nate fight upon their return to the Octagon?
Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: http://gms.to/writeforgms