A late comeback from Blue Square Premier side York stunned Coca-Cola League Two Crewe to claim the FA Cup first-round headlines on Saturday.

The visitors led 2-1 at half-time and it remained that way until four minutes from time, when Richard Pacquette levelled and Richard Brodie's second goal of the game sent the Minstermen through.

Kettering claimed the most notable scalp of the day as they dumped out League One Hartlepool. Striker Moses Ashikodi headed in veteran Nicky Eaden's corner in the 15th minute and the Poppies, third in the Blue Square Premier, held on to reach round two.

Chris Hollands' header and Darren Edwards' strike earned Conference South Bath City a 2-0 win over Grimsby at Blundell Park, while Staines upset the same divisional gap to win 1-0 at Shrewsbury thanks to Ali Chaaban's 21st-minute strike.

Yeovil had a fine giant-killing pedigree in their non-league days but were the victims as Jack Midson gave Oxford a 1-0 win, while several more non-league sides earned replays. Luton, relegated from the Football League last season, were leading Rochdale 3-1 with three minutes remaining before two close-range strikes from Joe Thompson broke the Hatters' hearts.

Gateshead drew 2-2 with Brentford, while Stevenage left it late, Charlie Griffin heading in in stoppage-time to ensure Port Vale will be taken back to Broadhall Way. Lincoln, meanwhile, regrouped to beat AFC Telford 3-1 and Northampton were also made to work hard before beating Fleetwood Town 2-1.

Wycombe and Brighton will do it all again after Glenn Murray's 83rd-minute spot-kick earned Albion a 4-4 draw, League One Norwich ran out 7-0 winners over Paulton and Colchester eased past Bromley 4-0 in another early kick-off.

Meanwhile, Exeter were 4-0 winners at Nuneaton, Stockport routed Tooting and Mitcham 5-0, Gillingham comfortably beat Southend 3-0, MK Dons edged out League Two Macclesfield 1-0 and Carlisle were held 2-2 by Morecambe from the division below.

Walsall shaded Stourbridge 1-0, Swindon beat Woking 1-0 and Tranmere, Leyton Orient drew 1-1, Aldershot saw off Bury 2-0, Barnet beat Darlington 3-1 and Bournemouth and Torquay sank Chesterfield and Cheltenham respectively by the same scoreline in all-League Two clashes.

Elsewhere, Accrington beat Salisbury 2-1, Hereford won 2-0 against Sutton United, Barrow beat Eastleigh 2-1, Cambridge United hammered Ilkeston 4-0, Rushden & Diamonds beat Hinckley 3-1, Wrexham edged past Lowestoft 1-0 and Forest Green and Mansfield shared a 1-1 draw.

Copyright (c) PA Sport 2009, All Rights Reserved.

Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: http://gms.to/writeforgms