Liverpool forward Ryan Babel appears to be on a collision course with boss Rafael Benitez after once again going public with his frustrations.
First, even before the manager's pre-match press conference on Friday, the Dutch international revealed on his Twitter page that he had been dropped from the squad to face Stoke on Saturday, before continuing his complaints about Benitez's selection policy.
"The boss left me out. No explanation," Babel initially told his Twitter feed.
Benitez brushed aside that breach of dressing room confidentiality by saying he could not stop people talking.
"When you have problems everyone has a different reaction," said the Spaniard. "Everyone has a Twitter. It's impossible to stop people talking. It's not like in the past."
However, Babel was not finished and later added on Twitter: "What happened after a first good season?
"Scoring 10 goals, being young talent of the year, and then second and this season don't play at all?
"One day, you will see what I'm capable off (sic), will it be at LFC or somewhere else...I have faith."
Babel has continued to frustrate since his £11.5million move from Ajax in 2007 as he has failed to consistently apply the talent he has. Earlier this month he was the subject of a £9million bid from Birmingham.
This season he has been something of a disruptive influence and even with Fernando Torres (knee), Steven Gerrard (hamstring) and Yossi Benayoun (rib) all injured Benitez has left him out of the squad to face Stoke.
Copyright (c) PA Sport 2009, All Rights Reserved.
Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: http://gms.to/writeforgms