Welterweight Louis Adolphe was at the centre of a controversial storm on Saturday night at Wembley Arena.
In the closing stages of the first round of the bout, referee Howard Foster called for a break in proceedings, before Adolphe appeared to strike opponent Nathan McIntosh with a cheap shot, which knocked out the latter with a vicious right-hook, which was deemed illegal.
The fight, which was on the undercard to the George Groves v Jamie Cox event, was brought to a halt when Adolphe was subsequently disqualified for his actions.
McIntosh's corner opposed the move immediately, and made their feelings known to referee Foster, who had initially missed the punch thrown by 25-year-old Adolphe.
After being checked over by Foster, McIntosh's arm was raised, as the 29-year-old Nottingham-native had previously required immediate oxygen from paramedics.
Speaking after winning via disqualification to iFL TV, McIntosh reacted to the events which surrounded the controversial fight.
McIntosh said: "From what I remember, it was a very technical fight, we both have similar styles but I felt that I was a bit sharper than him, I caught him with a few jabs to the face, and I could feel him starting to panic, as he realised what he was in with.
"It was only the first round but I could hear his heavy breathing. The next thing I know, the ref said break, and that was it.
"I'm just gutted that I didn't get the full eight rounds out of him. I know that a win is a win. It was my first TV show and I wanted to show everyone what I'm made of and what I can do, and he just took it away from me.
"Everyone was booing him, and everyone agrees he should I've been disqualified, but I'm gutted."
Watch the reaction from McIntosh below.
Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: http://gms.to/writeforgms