Football

Guilfoyle explains Moses withdrawal

Published Add your comment

Football News
24/7

Crystal Palace's joint administrator Brendan Guilfoyle has issued a statement confirming the sale of teenage winger Victor Moses could help secure the future of the club.

Palace went into administration on Tuesday after chairman Simon Jordan failed to attract new investment into the club, and they were hit with a 10-point penalty. The form of Moses has been a talking point all season, with boss Neil Warnock tipping him for a move to the Barclays Premier League, and a move away from the Coca-Cola Championship club now seems inevitable as they look to ease their financial trouble.

Guilfoyle said: "One of the options for the administrators is to sell players during the transfer window. Independent football agents appointed by the administrators to assist with player sales have reported that there is a great deal of interest from clubs wanting to buy Victor Moses."

Moses' agent Tony Finnegan revealed earlier that the club's administrators do not want the player to play in Palace's Championship clash with Newcastle on Wednesday night.

Guilfoyle added: "I could not sleep last night worrying that Victor might be injured in the forthcoming match against Newcastle which could jeopardise the future of this long-established club.

"I therefore took the tough decision to instruct the manager that Victor Moses was not available for selection. The manager was very disappointed."

Finnegan is certain the 19-year-old has played his last game for Palace as the Eagles look to cash in on their most saleable asset sooner rather than later.

Asked whether Moses will still be at the club once the transfer window closes on Monday, Finnegan told Sky Sports News: "No chance. No way. There's no chance of that.

"If you're pulled out of a match, and that's your job, you're pulled out for a reason. They're going to be selling."

Finnegan added: "Victor was stunned by the news. He was getting ready to play, but he's one of the most saleable assets in the squad so it's obviously been done to protect him. It means a deal is probably imminent with regards to him being sold."

Copyright (c) PA Sport 2009, All Rights Reserved.

Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: http://gms.to/writeforgms

Topics:
Football
Championship
Premier League
Victor Moses
Crystal Palace

Article Comments

Report author of article

Please let us know if you believe this article is in violation of our editorial policy, please only report articles for one of the following reasons.

Report author

DISCLAIMER

This article has been written by a member of the GiveMeSport Writing Academy and does not represent the views of GiveMeSport.com or SportsNewMedia. The views and opinions expressed are solely that of the author credited at the top of this article. GiveMeSport.com and SportsNewMedia do not take any responsibility for the content of its contributors.

Want more content like this?

Like our GiveMeSport Facebook Page and you will get this directly to you.

Already Subscribed to Facebook, don't ask me again

Follow GiveMeSport on Twitter and you will get this directly to you.

Already Following, don't ask me again

Like our GiveMeSport Page and you will get this directly to you.

Already Subscribed to G+, don't ask me again