Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez has dismissed claims he has already agreed a deal to take over at Juventus at the end of the season and repeated his long-term commitment to the Reds.
Speculation in Italy claimed the Turin club had already agreed personal terms with the Spaniard and a delegation were flying to Merseyside on Monday to thrash out an agreement with Liverpool to release Benitez from his contract at the end of the season - but the manager has rejected in the strongest terms suggestions he is ready to walk away from Anfield.
"Contrary to reports in the Italian media this weekend, I want to make it absolutely clear I have no agreement with Juventus and have not and will not be meeting Juventus or their representatives or any other club," he said.
"I have a long-term contract with Liverpool and I'll repeat what I said on Friday.
"I am happy here and my only focus is to do my job as well as I can to get the team back into to the top four, beginning with the derby against Everton."
Copyright (c) PA Sport 2009, All Rights Reserved.
Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: http://gms.to/writeforgms