Michael Bisping is completely opposed to the use of performance-enhancing drugs, and he's teeing off on Anderson Silva after he allegedly failed a second drug test.
Silva was pulled by the USADA from the UFC Fight Night 122 card in China as a result, and replaced by his old foe, Bisping.
"This completely destroys his legacy, in my opinion," Bisping said during a press conference. "There's a lot of people that have short memories and they'll just remember his performances. His performances were great, but if you test positive for steroids twice - once, you can try to talk your way out of it; twice, I think the nail's in the coffin. The guy was a cheat and it's a shame. It's really, really disappointing. I was a huge fan of Anderson Silva. It's just disappointing and it's a black eye for the sport of MMA."
Silva - the longest reigning middleweight champion in UFC history - was previously suspended for one year by the Nevada State Athletic Commission after testing positive for steroids around the time of his bout with Nick Diaz at UFC 183. He is now serving a provisional suspension while awaiting word about a potentially very serious punishment.
Bisping has previously squared off once with the legend, taking a five-round unanimous decision in February of last year. The 38-year-old Brit will now face Kelvin Gastelum on a three-week turnaround in the middleweight main event of UFC Fight Night 122 on Nov. 25 at Mercedes Benz Arena in Shanghai.
“To me it wasn’t surprising that he got caught and so you’ve got to move on with the show. I feel like he definitely tarnished his legacy with this and it is what it is,” Gastelum said. “The show must go on.”
Bisping lost his Middleweight Championship to Georges St-Pierre at UFC 217, and carries a 30-8 career record into the bout.
Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: http://gms.to/writeforgms