Over the past couple of days, one of the rumored fights that could be happening very soon is between the UFC Welterweight Champion Tyron Woodley and Nate Diaz, and the champ himself has already started the fighting talk for a potential clash.
It has been speculated that a clash between Woodley and Diaz will take place at UFC 219 at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada on December 30 later this year. This will be one of the bigger fights on the card alongside the UFC Women's Featherweight Championship bout between current champion Cris Cyborg and former UFC Women's Bantamweight Champion Holly Holm.
According to The Chosen One, however, he has already signed his part of the contract for the fight to happen, and he is waiting for Nate to do the same. He revealed this fact when he was recently featured as a guest on TMZ’s The Hollywood Beatdown.
Woodley said on the show that the championship bout is ‘50 percent completed’, but it's only at this stage at the moment because Diaz is ‘scared’.
The UFC Welterweight Champion said, according to Fansided: “I’m fired up about people who tell you don’t be scared homie, and then they scared homie.
“It’s not a possible fight, it’s a 50 percent completed fight. You’ve got one half of the party that’s been offered, that accepted, and then you’ve got the other side (Diaz) that’s got a whole bunch of excuses. That’s kinda what I’m fired up about.”
Woodley went on to say that Diaz needs to stop smoking pot and acting like a wannabe gangster.
“Guys in our sport, bump their gums quite a bit, and they get you to think they are these huge tough guys, these gangsters. That they will fight anybody, anytime and then when they get in front of a person like me, the crickets start coming out and they don’t really want to fight.
“Get off of the pot, quit crapping yourself, you’ve taken plenty of butt whoppings before, this ain’t going to be any different. Get your big paycheck and drift off into the fall.”
Woodley successfully defended the UFC Welterweight title in his last UFC fight against Demian Maia at UFC 214 back in July, winning the fight via unanimous decision. Diaz, on the other hand, hasn't stepped foot inside an Octagon since his loss to Conor McGregor at UFC 202 in August last year.
Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: http://gms.to/writeforgms