The Alexis Sanchez transfer saga has reached new heights this weekend and what seemed like a longshot just a few days ago has all of a sudden become a reality.
Arsenal were in action on Sunday as they travelled to the south coast to face Bournemouth knowing that a victory would help them close the gap on fifth-placed Tottenham who sat five points ahead of them before kick-off.
However, Arsenal had to do without two of their star men at the Vitality Stadium as Mesut Ozil and Sanchez were both absent.
Ozil missed the League Cup semi-final stalemate with Chelsea through injury and failed to recover in time to face the Cherries, even though Jack Wilshere did.
As for Sanchez? Boss Arsene Wenger refused to go into detail to explain his decision to drop Sanchez against Chelsea, but he had no problem revealing all prior to kick-off against Bournemouth.
When probed by a Sky Sports reporter, Wenger said that Sanchez had been left out because he was decided his future and when pressed if that meant a decision was imminent, the long-serving manager said "yes".
Watch the video below to see Wenger tackle the question:
Reports have been all over the place today. First of all, Liverpool threw their names into the hat for Sanchez's signature and were willing to pay £35 million for the Chilean and the £300,000-a-week wages he demands.
However, just prior to kick off at Bournemouth, Sky Sports' Bryan Swanson tweeted that Man United are confident of landing Sanchez and Gianluca Di Marzio of Sky Italy said personal terms have been agreed.
A few days ago, speculation suggested that Man United would part with Henrikh Mkhitaryan and some cash in order to land Sanchez in January but there has been no update on what the specifics of the deal would be.
Furthermore, Arsenal are said to be on the verge of signing £45 million-rated Brazilian wonderkid Malcom from Bordeaux.
The winger's agent has been in London for the past few days and posted on social media that a deal had been done, without naming Arsenal.
Then, reliable Spanish journalist Guillem Balague said that Arsenal have a 'big name' replacement ready to fill Sanchez's void whenever he goes - it's already been agreed.
For all that news - and it's a lot to digest! - one thing is for sure: Sanchez looks Man United bound. Which has to be every Arsenal fans' worst nightmare.
Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: http://gms.to/writeforgms