Roberto Mancini has admitted every club in Europe would be interested in signing Fernando Torres if Liverpool indicated they would be willing to sell their star man.
Manchester City have been heavily linked with Torres for a number of months now and it is anticipated the Blues will make a bid for the currently injured Spain striker once the season is over. Mancini insists he has not even thought about the matter. However, the Blues chief does accept he will face competition if he does make a move.
"Fernando Torres is a fantastic striker," said Mancini. "But all the teams in Europe are interested in him."
He added: "We must get the rest of the matches out of the way first, then we will decide about other players."
Having failed to land a couple of other high-profile targets in Kaka and John Terry, City are aware they need to offer high-class competition as well as huge salaries if they are to lure the best players to Eastlands.
"All the top players want to play in the Champions League," added Mancini.
"Next year we want to be a team who wins the Premier League. To do that we need top players."
Mancini also confirmed defender Micah Richards could be involved in Saturday's encounter with Arsenal at the Emirates Stadium after a four-match absence with a knee injury.
It could be an uncomfortable return to north London for ex-Arsenal striker Emmanuel Adebayor, who scored, ran the length of the field to launch into an inflammatory goal celebration and then landed himself with a three-match ban for raking his studs down the side of Robin van Persie's face when the two sides met at Eastlands earlier this year.
"I remember that game because I watched it on TV," said Mancini. "I don't know why it happened but it is important Emmanuel only concentrates on Manchester City on Saturday. "It is important there is no repeat of those situations."
Copyright (c) PA Sport 2009, All Rights Reserved.
Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: http://gms.to/writeforgms