Rafael Benitez is set to finalise a deal to become coach of Inter Milan after the Italian club confirmed on Tuesday night that an agreement had been reached with the Spaniard.
Inter president Massimo Moratti announced the club is just awaiting Benitez's signature on a contract after successful talks between the parties in recent days.
Moratti said negotiations with Benitez had not taken place in person and confirmed an announcement would be made on Wednesday to confirm when Benitez would be officially unveiled as Jose Mourinho's successor.
"We have agreed the final details, which were not important things," Moratti said in a statement on the Inter website, www.inter.it. "All that is needed now is a counter-signature.
"[On Wednesday] we will tell you when he will be presented."
Benitez has been in talks with the European champions since his six-year spell as Liverpool manager was ended by mutual consent last week.
Moratti revealed on Monday that a deal with the 50-year-old had been "more or less done" and had been confident the details would be finalised on Tuesday.
Reports in Italy had suggested Benitez would sign a three-year deal worth five million euros per season, but Moratti dismissed those claims as "off track" in terms of "duration and the amount".
Benitez may wish to take his Anfield assistant Mauricio Pellegrino, goalkeeping coach Xavi Valero and fitness coach Paco de Miguel with him to the San Siro, with Italian Amedeo Carboni - who played under Benitez as a midfielder at Valencia - also touted as a possible backroom addition.
Benitez still had four years to run on his Liverpool contract but left after the Reds could only manage seventh place in the Barclays Premier League last season.
Copyright (c) PA Sport 2009, All Rights Reserved.
Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: http://gms.to/writeforgms