Substitute Neil Mellor grabbed a late equaliser to secure Sheffield Wednesday a 1-1 draw from their npower League One trip to Colchester.

The former Liverpool striker fired in powerfully from close range after the Colchester defence failed to clear the ball.

Earlier Andy Bond curled in a superb shot with the outside of his boot from 20 yards for his first career league goal.

Oldham made it two wins out of two thanks to the superb goals that completed a 3-0 rout of Notts County. Strikes by Dean Furman, Ournare Tounkare and Kieran Lee boosted Paul Dickov's bright start in management and left County, last season's League Two champions, still looking for their first points of the season.

Brett Pitman hit a hat-trick in 16 second-half minutes as Bournemouth blitzed Peterborough 5-1. They led 2-0 at half-time through Marc Pugh and Anton Robinson, who both scored in the opening 20 minutes. Dozens of travelling Posh fans headed for the exits before Kelvin Langmead scrambled their side's consolation.

Walsall staged a smash-and-grab raid to clinch their first points of the season with a 2-1 win at Brentford. The visitors went ahead through Alex Nicholls but Gary Alexander levelled with a fine header before Julian Gray volleyed home the winner from Darren Byfield's cross.

Gordon Greer completed an unwanted double as Gary Jones pegged back Brighton to secure a 2-2 draw for Rochdale. The defender was sent off on his last appearance for Swindon and saw red on his Brighton debut for tangling with Anthony Elding. Jones scored the resulting penalty and added a late leveller after Brighton had edged in front through goals from Glenn Murray and Elliott Bennett.

Byron Anthony was Bristol Rovers' last-gasp hero as they clinched a 2-1 victory against Yeovil, who finished with 10 men. The Glovers appeared to have salvaged a point when Adam Virgo cancelled out Jo Kuffour's opener in stoppage-time but Anthony still had time to fire in the winner.

Two goals in three minutes from Thomas Dossevi and Charlie Austin saw Swindon earn a 2-2 draw at Hartlepool. Pool took the lead after four minutes through Adam Boyd's tap-in and Antony Sweeney lobbed in the second eight minutes later.

Plymouth substitute Rory Patterson marked his home league debut with an equaliser in the fourth minute of stoppage-time in a 1-1 draw with Carlisle while Huddersfield's Gary Naysmith was red-carded towards the end of a goalless draw with Tranmere after bringing down substitute Kayleden Brown on the edge of the box.

Copyright (c) PA Sport 2009, All Rights Reserved.

#Peterborough United
#Yeovil Town
#Colchester United
#Bristol Rovers
#Sheffield Wednesday
#Kelvin Langmead
#Neil Mellor
#Charlie Austin
#Jo Kuffour
#Paul Dickov
#Anton Robinson
#League One
#Huddersfield Town
#Swindon Town
#Dean Furman
#Marc Pugh
#Gary Alexander
#Julian Gray
#Elliott Bennett
#Carlisle United
#Gary Jones
#Oldham Athletic
#Kieran Lee
#Adam Boyd
#League Two
#Anthony Elding
#Darren Byfield
#Gordon Greer
#Gary Naysmith
#Brett Pitman
#Plymouth Argyle
#Byron Anthony
#Tranmere Rovers
#Notts County
#Brighton & Hove Albion
#Adam Virgo
#Glenn Murray
#Antony Sweeney