Francois Zoko scored his first goal in English football as Carlisle climbed to the top of the npower League One table with a 4-1 win over MK Dons.

The Ivorian sparked a flurry of activity in a 19-minute period either side of half-time with his 42nd-minute opener as he, James Berrett, Gary Madine and Tom Taiwo put the Cumbrians 4-0 ahead before Peter Leven pulled one back for the visitors.

Carlisle leapfrogged Oldham, who needed an equaliser from Dean Furman to take a point at Charlton after Scott Wagstaff had put the home side ahead in a game which saw Latics midfielder Jason Jarrett sent off for a second bookable offence.

Sheffield Wednesday maintained their challenge with a 1-0 home victory over Brighton, with Giles Coke's first league goal for the club seven minutes before the break enough to claim the points.

Bournemouth are only a point behind the Owls in fifth place after a 3-0 win at Tranmere which saw them make light of the absence of seemingly out-bound striker Brett Pitman. Goals from Josh McQuoid, Michael Symes and Mark Pugh had the game wrapped up with barely an hour gone.

There was a good away win too for managerless Hartlepool, who claimed their first three-point haul of the season with goals from Gary Liddle and Andy Monkhouse at Yeovil, while Ian Henderson's 84th-minute effort handed Colchester a 2-1 success at Rochdale.

However, Huddersfield saw victory on the road snatched from their grasp as Peterborough launched a concerted fightback.

Town led 2-0 through Jordan Rhodes and Graham Carey with 33 minutes gone, but an Aaron McLean double and further strikes from George Boyd and Craig Mackail-Smith completed a remarkable turn-around.

Walsall came from behind to beat Plymouth 2-1 with loan signing Reuben Reid spoiling Argyle boss Peter Reid's day with a 69th-minute winner on his debut, while Craig Westcarr's 53rd-minute strike saw Notts County home against Dagenham and Redbridge.

It finished all square at St James Park as Exeter paid tribute to the late Adam Stansfield with John O'Flynn's 75th-minute penalty making it 2-2 and denying Bristol Rovers victory, while the games between Southampton and Orient and Swindon and Brentford both finished 1-1.

Copyright (c) PA Sport 2009, All Rights Reserved.

Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: