PSV Eindhoven have revealed that they have rejected an offer from Liverpool for Ola Toivonen, and won't welcome any more interest during this transfer window.
Speculation suggesting the Sweden striker could be on his way to Anfield has been gathering pace in recent weeks, and there were reports over the weekend that Kenny Dalglish had been in the stands to watch the 24-year-old in action against AZ Alkmaar.
However, PSV's sporting director Marcel Brands insists that the former Malmo forward will remain in Eindhoven - but hinted that he would be willing to do business with Liverpool in January.
"I also read about that (Dalglish's trip) in the newspaper, but I didn't see him at the stadium and it is not important. We don't want to lose Ola during this transfer window," he told told fotbollskanalen.se
"They called us last Thursday, in the morning, and asked how much we wanted for Ola Toivonen, but our answer was clear: we will not sell him at this point. We have not heard from them since.
"To have people from other clubs in the stands is quite normal. PSV are a big club and we get visits like that every week."
Reportedly valued at £10 million, Toivonen has gained a reputation as a prolific goalscorer during his time in Holland and has also attracted interest from Tottenham.
Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: http://gms.to/writeforgms