Clarets and Laws part company

Published Add your comment

Brian Laws has stepped down as the manager of Burnley at the request of chairman Barry Kilby.

Laws' future was plunged into doubt following the home defeat at the hands of former club Scunthorpe, with operational director Brendan Flood confirming talks would be held over the 49-year-old's future but the club decided to part company with Laws sooner, confirming he had been asked to step aside from his post.

Chairman Kilby told "I have telephoned Brian and have asked him to step down as manager of Burnley Football Club."

He added: "Everyone is naturally disappointed and frustrated that recent results have not gone as we would have hoped.

"The board of directors has therefore decided that we need a fresh approach in order to achieve our goal of returning to the Premier League."

The club said a further statement would be released on Thursday.

Copyright (c) PA Sport 2009, All Rights Reserved.

Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE:


Article Comments

Report author of article

Please let us know if you believe this article is in violation of our editorial policy, please only report articles for one of the following reasons.

Report author


This article has been written by a member of the GiveMeSport Writing Academy and does not represent the views of or SportsNewMedia. The views and opinions expressed are solely that of the author credited at the top of this article. and SportsNewMedia do not take any responsibility for the content of its contributors.

Want more content like this?

Like our GiveMeSport Facebook Page and you will get this directly to you.

Already Subscribed to Facebook, don't ask me again

Follow GiveMeSport on Twitter and you will get this directly to you.

Already Following, don't ask me again

Like our GiveMeSport Page and you will get this directly to you.

Already Subscribed to G+, don't ask me again