Championship leaders QPR have gone three matches without a win after they were held to a goalless draw by Burnley.

Neil Warnock's side had the better of the chances but could not break the deadlock against their Turf Moor hosts, who are poised to name Eddie Howe as their new manager.

QPR are still in a strong position with a three-point lead and a game in hand over Swansea, who moved into second place courtesy of a 3-0 win over struggling Crystal Palace.

Dougie Freedman's first match as Palace boss did not turn out how he would have wanted, as Darren Pratley gave the Swans the lead two minutes from half-time before two penalties from Scott Sinclair - after 56 and 61 minutes - made the points safe.

Cardiff and Norwich stayed locked together, now two points behind Swansea, after Russell Martin's 90th-minute equaliser earned the Canaries a 1-1 draw at Carrow Road. The visitors had taken the lead through a stunning strike from debutant Jon Parkin in the seventh minute.

Leeds joined Cardiff and Norwich on 44 points with a thumping 4-0 victory over Scunthorpe, who stayed firmly entrenched in the bottom three.

Simon Grayson's side were three goals up inside the opening half an hour through Sanchez Watt (17), Max Gradel (20) and Bradley Johnson (29), and substitute Davide Somma added the gloss with a fourth two minutes from time.

Another side in the goals were Watford, who netted three times in the first half to see off Derby 3-0. All the goals came in nine minutes at the end of the period, with Will Buckley (36), star striker Danny Graham (43) and Marvin Sordell (45) on the scoresheet.

Watford stayed two points ahead of Reading and Nottingham Forest, both winners but in contrasting fashion. The Royals controlled proceedings against Doncaster at the Keepmoat Stadium and eased to a 3-0 victory thanks to goals from Shane Long (29), Jimmy Kebe (67) and Jobi McAnuff (74).

Forest were behind against Portsmouth from Kanu's goal in the 26th minute until three minutes from time, when Ibrahima Sonko's own goal levelled matters. That ensured Forest's unbeaten home run would continue but they did not settle for a draw and were rewarded with all three points when Marcus Tudgay turned in Lewis McGugan's cross with the last kick of the match.

Copyright (c) PA Sport 2009, All Rights Reserved.

Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: