Football

.

Larsson agent slams City

Published Add your comment

Birmingham have rejected a transfer request from in-demand midfielder Sebastian Larsson, according to his agent, Per Johnson.

Larsson only has six months remaining of his current contract and has failed to reach agreement over a new deal. He has attracted interest from Newcastle and Blackburn during the current transfer window.

Johnson told the Birmingham Mail: "On Thursday, Seb gave in a transfer request and Peter Pannu (acting chairman) emailed us to say Birmingham would be making a new contract offer."

He added: "The reason why the request was put in was as a protest at the way Seb has been treated.

"We were told pre-season that the club wanted to sell him, then that they wanted to discuss a new contract which we basically agreed.

"Then in December a new offer was made which was lower than the one we had verbally agreed so naturally we turned it down.

"Then the manager (Alex McLeish) said he wanted to keep Seb for the rest of the season, then we got an email saying Birmingham had accepted an offer from Newcastle.

"So, we had been in talks with Newcastle until this Wednesday when the plug was pulled again and Birmingham decided they wanted to keep Seb."

Johnson added: "Birmingham have treated Seb like cattle. Going backwards and forward four times is not acceptable.

"The club needs to sharpen up a bit and get a bit of class."

Copyright (c) PA Sport 2009, All Rights Reserved.

Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: http://gms.to/writeforgms

Topics:
Football
Blackburn Rovers
Premier League
Newcastle United
Alex
Birmingham
Sebastian Larsson

Article Comments

Report author of article

Please let us know if you believe this article is in violation of our editorial policy, please only report articles for one of the following reasons.

Report author

DISCLAIMER

This article has been written by a member of the GiveMeSport Writing Academy and does not represent the views of GiveMeSport.com or SportsNewMedia. The views and opinions expressed are solely that of the author credited at the top of this article. GiveMeSport.com and SportsNewMedia do not take any responsibility for the content of its contributors.

Want more content like this?

Like our GiveMeSport Facebook Page and you will get this directly to you.

Already Subscribed to Facebook, don't ask me again

Follow GiveMeSport on Twitter and you will get this directly to you.

Already Following, don't ask me again

Like our GiveMeSport Page and you will get this directly to you.

Already Subscribed to G+, don't ask me again