Carlo Ancelotti has refused to reveal what punishment Ashley Cole had been dealt for accidentally shooting a work placement student at Chelsea.
The Blues announced "appropriate action" had been taken against Cole over the incident, which saw the England left-back wound 21-year-old Tom Cowan with a .22 air rifle at the club's Cobham training ground.
Surrey Police revealed they would speak to officials from Chelsea in the coming days to determine whether any criminal offence had been committed.
Cole appears to have been sanctioned by Chelsea but Ancelotti would not go into detail, saying: "He will play on Tuesday. Obviously, we are not happy with what happened."
He added: "I have spoken with him. He was very disappointed with this, said sorry, made a mistake. It was an accident.
"We have taken proper action but (on Tuesday) he will play."
He added: "The mistake was that the gun was here in Cobham."
Asked to whom Cole had apologised, Ancelotti said: "First, he said sorry to the guy that was involved in this, second sorry to the team-mates, third sorry to the club."
Challenged on the fact the incident may have been a sacking offence in other jobs, Ancelotti said there was "no way" he would have considered such drastic action.
He added: "He is our player, he always had very good behaviour here.
"Now, we have to move on. Who didn't make a mistake in his life?"
Copyright (c) PA Sport 2009, All Rights Reserved.
Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: http://gms.to/writeforgms