Craig Davies scored twice as Chesterfield claimed a 3-0 win at Cheltenham to extend their lead at the top of npower League Two to 11 points.

Davies scored in the 34th and 87th minutes, sandwiching an effort from Kieran Djilali, as the Spireites took advantage of a slip by Wycombe, who were held to a 2-2 draw by Aldershot at Adams Park.

Wanderers appeared on course for three points as they overturned a first-half deficit, inflicted by Luke Gutteridge, with goals from Danny Foster a minute before the break and Kevin Betsy three minutes after. But John Halls levelled 14 minutes before the end and parity was not disturbed again.

That allowed Bury to leapfrog them into second place on goal difference thanks to a 3-0 win at Hereford. Steven Schumacher scored three minutes into the first half and six minutes into the second, before Ryan Lowe added a third four minutes before the end.

Tom Newey saw red 19 minutes from the end as Rotherham were held to a 0-0 draw by Barnet, and Lincoln's game against Accrington also finished goalless.

Shrewsbury twice came from behind to win 3-2 at Northampton courtesy of Jon Taylor's goal three minutes from time. Michael Jacobs twice gave the Cobblers the lead, but Shrewsbury levelled first through David Davies and then James Collins.

Goals from Lee Collins and substitute Louis Dodds gave Port Vale a 2-1 win over Macclesfield, who grabbed a last-minute consolation through Tyrone Barnett while Peter Jackson's reign at Bradford began with a 2-0 defeat at Gillingham thanks to goals from Ade Akinfenwa two minutes before the break and Curtis Weston 30 seconds after the restart.

Danny Stevens took 10 seconds more than Weston as his 46th-minute effort and Jake Robinson's 85th-minute strike handed Torquay a 2-0 victory over Stevenage while Southend's play-off challenge took a knock as they slipped up 2-1 at Morecambe, for whom Chris McCready and Stewart Drummond scored. Barry Corr briefly levelled for the visitors with a 50th-minute penalty.

Bottom club Stockport pulled level on points with second-bottom Barnet as they came from behind to claim a late 2-1 win over Oxford. Greg Tansey scored the winner in stoppage time after Matthew Paterson had cancelled out Tom Craddock's opener. Both of Stockport's goals came with their opponents down to 10 men, courtesy of Anthony Tonkin's dismissal in the 66th minute.

Clayton Donaldson scored a hat-trick as Crewe hammered struggling Burton 4-1. Donaldson scored in the second minute, them from the spot in the 27th minute after Shaun Miller's effort had made it 2-0. Substitute Sam Winnall pulled one back for Albion seven minutes from the end, before Donaldson grabbed his third in stoppage time.

Copyright (c) PA Sport 2009, All Rights Reserved.

Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: