Ajax have reportedly told Liverpool that highly-rated teenager Christian Eriksen is not for sale.
According to talkSPORT, the 19-year-old playmaker had been a 'top target' for the Merseysiders as the summer transfer window approaches, but Goal.com claims they have 'no chance' of being successful in their pursuit.
It had previously been reported that Liverpool were tracking the Denmark international with a view to a €12 million bid when the transfer window reopens on June 1.
Indeed, Eriksen confirmed that Liverpool had been monitoring his progress. He said: "Every time Ajax play there are clubs watching me. That's just the way it is. So yes, Liverpool have seen me but I'm not spending time wondering about it."
The midfielder has since further cast a potential move to Anfield into doubt after claiming he would reject the opportunity to join Liverpool in favour of a move to Barcelona.
"If I got an offer from Liverpool right now, I believe I would reject it," Eriksen told the Danish press.
"Ajax is a good club for me at the moment and I believe it will be that for a couple of years.
"If I did move, it would have to be to FC Barcelona.”