Blackburn Rovers have confirmed their interest in bringing Ruud Van Nistelrooy back to England this summer, reports ESPN soccernet.
The Hamburg striker is out on contract at the end of the season and has already made it clear that he wants a move to England or Spain this summer.
Rovers' move for the newly re-called Dutch striker comes two years after they missed out on his signature due to his high wage demands.
But manager Steve Kean told ESPN soccernet: "Yes, I can confirm we are interested."
With new owners Venky's helping to finance Kean's dealings in the transfer market this summer being able to match Van Nistelrooy's wage demands won't be a problem, but offers from other clubs might deny the Lancashire outfit.
I am thinking about a nice club in England after this season, or a club in Spain," Van Nistelrooy told the Sunday Mirror.
"I have decided that if a really big European club does approach me, I will accept a role as reserve striker. I would have accepted that too if the deal with Real Madrid had come off in January. They knew I was ready to step in when needed."
The 34-year-old scored 150 goals in 220 appearances for Manchester United in a five year spell at Old Trafford before joining Real Madrid in for £11 million in 2006.
Kaka, Ronaldinho and David Beckham have all been linked with a move to Blackburn since the club were taken over earlier in the season and it's clear Kean and the new owners are looking for a marque signing to kick start a new era at Ewood Park.
However, the Lancashire side's plight near the bottom of the Barclays Premier League might be of greater concern to Kean, as they lie just a point above the relegation zone.