Sir Alex Ferguson says Rio Ferdinand has sustained no major damage despite picking up a knock against Chelsea last night.
The England defender appeared to sustain a recurrence of his problematic groin injury early in the first half, but recovered sufficiently to complete the full 90 minutes as Manchester United progressed to the last four of the Champions League.
Ferguson admitted in his post match press conference that he had been worried after witnessing the 32-year-old struggling, but Ferdinand is expected to play in the FA Cup semi-final against Manchester City on Saturday.
Meanwhile, the United boss has revealed he was unsurprised by Fernando Torres starting for Chelsea at Old Trafford in place of Didier Drogba - despite the furore it caused.
"A lot of people thought Drogba would play. I thought having signed Torres for the money they did they had to play him," said Ferguson.
"I wasn't 100 per cent sure but I couldn't see how they could leave Torres out.
"It isn't working at the moment but he is a young man and there are other seasons ahead.
"Torres has played against us quite a few times and he had a little goal spell at Old Trafford and got a goal at Anfield but we've actually done all right against him."