Carlo Ancelotti insists he would shed no tears if he is sacked by Chelsea after Sunday's final Barclays Premier League game of the season at Everton.
The Italian confirmed on Friday that a meeting would be scheduled next week during which he looks set to lose his job.
Manager Ancelotti continued to maintain he had no idea whether he would be given the sack but that he would have no problem if he was. He said: "The club have to judge my job - be objective. If they decide to change, it's not a problem."
He added: "You won't see me crying or doing something. I will accept the decision of the club and find another 'solution'."
Ancelotti's week could not have been more different to this time last year, which included an open-top bus ride to celebrate the club's first ever double success and saw the Italian take to the mic for a rendition of "Volare".
The 51-year-old admitted he never imagined he would find himself in the firing line 12 months later after overseeing Chelsea's worst season of the Roman Abramovich era.
"No, but this is football - I'm not surprised about this," he said. "When I started my experience here in England, if someone had told me that we would win the FA Cup and the Premier League in two years, I'd have been happy.
"In these two years, I have to be happy because the team, last year, was fantastic. This year was not so good. But we can learn from this experience to do better next season."
Despite suffering such a dramatic reversal of fortune, Ancelotti insisted he was still able to enjoy the campaign.
"I am happy when I work, and so I have enjoyed this season," he said. "I trained for 15 years in this work and, sometimes, I was able to win. Other times, I was not able to win. But every time I was happy at the end of the season because I'd worked."
Copyright (c) PA Sport 2009, All Rights Reserved.
Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: http://gms.to/writeforgms