Tottenham Hotspur have had a bid rejected for coveted Ivorian striker Gervinho, according to reports
The Lille hitman confirmed last week that he will be making a Barclays Premier League move this summer, with Arsenal originally thought to be in pole position to sign the player.
However, talkSPORT reports on Friday that Arsenal have already won the race for the player appear to have been premature, with Newcastle and Manchester City still thought to be well in the race.
Spurs have now joined the chase for the player, and an opening £10.6 million offer from Harry Redknapp's side has been rejected by the Ligue 1 outfit.
“We received an offer of €12m (£10.6m) from Tottenham Hotspur which was refused,” general manager Frederic Paquet is reported as saying in the Daily Mail.
Redknapp is known to be keen on bringing a striker to the north London club this summer, with Robbie Keane and Roman Pavlyuchenko poised to make permanent exits from Spurs this summer.
It's claimed that the French side want €15 million for their prized asset, a figure which is likely to put Arsenal out of the transfer race for the player.
That said, Gunners defender Johan Djourou has urged Arsene Wenger to make a move for the highly-rated 25-year-old this summer.
"He is a great, great talent and we need that because he can play as a striker, as a No.10 or on the wing. He has all the ingredients to play for Arsenal, that is a definite," Djourou told Goal.com.
Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: http://gms.to/writeforgms