Fernando Torres is looking forward to a fresh start at Stamford Bridge and has vowed to rediscover the form that encouraged Chelsea to pay a whopping £50million for his services.
The Spaniard is back in west London having taken a much needed holiday, the first in five years for the 27-year-old, ahead of the Blues' pre-season tour of the Far East.
Torres struggled to find his form for the Blues following his January switch from Liverpool, scoring just one league goal for the club last season. But the forward, who rakes in £180,000 a week, is adamant 2011-12 will be different.
"It was a difficult four months for me last season but now I am settled and really happy," he said. "It's a new start for me and I am feeling sharper and fitter.
"After five years without a break I could finally enjoy my holiday this summer so I am happier after a rest and some time with my family. Now I am feeling good and ready to start the new season."
Torres has so far impressed Chelsea manager Andre Villas-Boas, after scoring in a preseason game against Wycombe Wanderers on Saturday, where the 33-year-old spoke about slimming down his squad for the coming season, but is yet to make his mind up about selection.
"I have 15 days and four games in Asia to continue to assess the players and decisions will have to be taken when we get back,” said the Blues boss. "It's pretty obvious we will go into the transfer market but I am not looking to make radical changes after just ten days of pre-season together.
"We don't want to build a squad too high in numbers. The balance will always be 24, including three goalkeepers. We have identified our targets spread throughout Europe but there is not too much fuss on the time it will take.
"Normally people are expected to arrive at Chelsea and make radical changes but we are taking everything on board before taking the right decisions. It's very early and there is still lots of time. At the moment we are comfortable just evaluating the squad."