Carlton Cole has committed himself to leading West Ham's charge back to the Barclays Premier League, after the striker's proposed move to Stoke hit the buffers.
The Potters were widely expected to complete a move for Cole after they saw a bid accepted by West Ham. However, contract negotiations broke down between the club and the player and the deal was called off.
Cole now looks set to remain at the Boleyn Ground to help the Hammer’s win promotion back to the top-flight after they were relegated last season.
Speaking to West Ham’s official website he said: “I am a West Ham player and have no knowledge that is going to be any different. Unless I am told something different, I am a West Ham player and will be doing my all for the team.”
Cole played 43 times for West Ham last season, scoring 11 goals and had been expected to be one of the most sought after players on West Ham's books this summer. However, the 27-year-old has now put any doubt over his future to bed.
"There has been a lot of things reported and that it was a done deal that I was moving to another club, but that is not the case. I want our fans to know I am as committed as ever to the team and getting the club back in the Premier League," he said.
The England fringe player is now concentrating on the new season in the Npower Championship and has been working hard during West Ham’s tour of Switzerland.
"I am feeling positive," he added. "I have been doing some work on my own as well as with the rest of the team out in our training camp in Switzerland. I then came on in our game on Wednesday and it was good to play. I feel good and strong."
The news comes as a boost to the Irons faithful after it was announced that Sam Allardyce had pulled out of the deal to sign Icelandic Eidur Gudjohnsen. The 32-year-old reportedly passed a medical at Upton Park but the deal has since fallen through.