What the papers say: August 24
- Cameroon striker Samuel Eto'o will rake in £336,000-a-week after tax with Anzhi Makhachkala.
- QPR hope to sign Jermaine Jenas on loan from Tottenham.
- Owen Coyle is considering a loan swoop for Manchester City defender Dedryck Boyata.
- Tottenham have signed Emmanuel Adebayor on loan from Manchester City.
- Jose Mourinho says he he has no intention of quitting Real Madrid.
- Liverpool reckon they can beat Manchester City to Uruguayan defender Sebastian Coates.
- Steve Bruce wants to bring Roque Santa Cruz to the Stadium of Light.
- Jack Wilshere has been ruled out of action for a month.
- Chelsea are still determined to sign Luka Modric from Tottenham.
- Blackburn believe they have found the next Phil Jones in America - George John of FC Dallas.
- Newcastle won't meet PSV Eindhoven's valuation of left-back Erik Peters.
- Tottenham have told Chelsea that they would reject an offer of £30 million for Luka Modric.
- Chelsea have made a £15 million bid for Porto left-back Alvaro Pereira.
- QPR have made an improved offer for Scott Parker, while Neil Warnock also wants Joey Barton.
- Arsene Wenger says that Jack Wilshere has been diagnosed with a long-term ankle problem that will rule him out of action until well into next month.
- Being labelled the 'new Didier Drogba' is the highest praise Romelu Lukaku could wish for.