Rotherham have denied reports suggesting in-demand striker Adam Le Fondre has handed in a transfer request.
With Sheffield Wednesday, Coventry and Reading all credited with interest in the 24-year-old marksman, it has been alleged Le Fondre has told the Millers hierarchy that he wants to leave.
But, that is not the case say the club, who have commended the professionalism of their prized asset, despite numerous clubs chasing his signature.
"He has never given us a written transfer request or asked for a move," a spokesman told the Sheffield Star.
"He has acted in a totally professional manner throughout all this and no one should get the impression that Adam has done anything other than that or anything that may, in any way, damage the special place he has in the fans' affections here."
Le Fondre, however, stated earlier this week that he has ambitions beyond Npower League Two, but would only leave the Don Valley Stadium should the club receive suitable compensation.
"I have great confidence in my ability to score goals at any level I play at," he told skysports.com.
"Whilst I have a year left on my current deal, the club absolutely understand my feelings on the matter.
"I have made clear I want to prove myself at a higher level and I am in no doubt they will respect my wishes should a suitable bid come in."