What the papers say: August 26
- Harry Redknapp says Tottenham have won the battle to keep Chelsea target Luka Modric.
- The Spurs boss is now considering a £16million move for Brazil striker Leandro Damiao.
- Chelsea have seen a £15million bid for Alvaro Pereira rejected by Porto.
- Manchester City want Real Madrid's Fernando Gago.
- West Ham may offer a deal to former Fulham midfielder Papa Bouba Diop.
- Liverpool target Craig Bellamy has been told he can leave Manchester City for nothing.
- Arsene Wenger has made a paltry £6 million offer for Bolton defender Gary Cahill.
- Wigan boss Roberto Martinez says Liverpool and Tottenham have left it too late to sign striker Hugo Rodallega.
- Fulham are ready to make an improved offer for Birmingham striker Cameron Jerome.
- Tottenham have signed highly-rated Spanish winger Iago Falque on loan Juventus.
- Arsenal want Liverpool and Tottenham target M'Baye Niang.
- Darron Gibson's chances of a move from Manchester United to Aston Villa have been hit by an ankle ligament injury.
- Newcastle are expected to highly-rated Lens defender Darnel Situ.
- Bolton want to sign David Ngog from Liverpool for £3 million.
- Lassana Diarra has denied he is set to join Tottenham.
- Craig Bellamy wants a payoff from Manchester City before joining Liverpool or Tottenham.
- Manchester United have concluded their transfer activity for the summer.
- Joey Barton has still yet to decided whether or not to join Queens Park Rangers.