What the papers say: August 30
- Chelsea are preparing to make a renewed approach for Liverpool defender Raul Meireles.
- Sunderland are hoping to seal a season-long loan move for Manchester United striker Federico Macheda.
- Stoke hope to sign Peter Crouch from Tottenham after completing a deal for Wilson Palacios.
- Owen Hargreaves is attracting interest from Aston Villa and Tottenham.
- Sunderland are considering a surprise move for Celtic striker Georgios Samaras.
- Leicester have made a £4million bid for Fulham striker Andrew Johnson.
- Craig Bellamy is poised to stay at Manchester City after the club refused to offer him a payoff.
- Wigan manager Roberto Martinez could swoop for Tottenham forward Giovani dos Santos.
- A deal for Bolton defender Gary Cahill is still a possibility for Arsenal.
- Manchester City won't be selling Adam Johnson - a reported target for Liverpool.
- Sunderland are planning a club-record £14million move for Freiburg striker Papiss Demba Cisse.
- Shaun Wright-Phillips is set for talks today over a £2million switch to QPR.
- Aston Villa boss Alex McLeish is stepping up his bid to sign Tottenham defender Alan Hutton on loan.
- Stoke are to revive their bid to sign Birmingham striker Cameron Jerome.
- West Ham will sign Nice striker Eric Mouloungui in a £1.5million deal.
- Arsenal's £6.2million bid for Fenerbahce left-back Andre Santos has been, while Arsene Wenger is planning an £8million move for Chelsea winger Florent Malouda.
- Manchester United captain Nemanja Vidic is a shock £25million target for Russian club Anzhi Makhachkala.
- Scott Parker's dream move to Tottenham could be in doubt.
- Fulham are close to landing Juventus defender Zdenek Grygera.
- Aston Villa are prepared to offer a deal to Owen Hargreaves.
- Newcastle have opened talks with Inter Milan full-back Davide Santon.