What the papers say: August 31
- Newcastle are poised to make a £10m bid for Frieburg striker Papiss Demba Cisse.
- Owen Hargreaves is set to join Manchester City after being released by Manchester United.
- Harry Redknapp tells Chelsea to forget about signing Luka Modric.
- Roman Pavlyuchenko wants to leave White Hart Lane.
- Arsenal have made enquiries as to the availability of Everton duo Mikel Arteta and Marouane Fellaini.
- The Gunners have also had an offer for Borussia Dortmund teenager Mario Goetze knocked back.
- Wesley Sneijder cools talk linking him to a final day move to Old Trafford.
- Tottenham are lining up a triple swoop for Scott Parker, Lassana Diarra and Craig Bellamy.
- Stoke are prepared to break the bank to sign Peter Crouch from Tottenham.
- Arsenal are considering bidding for Chris Samba following the signing of Per Mertesacker.
- Arsene Wenger is also in for French duo Yann M'Vila and Marvin Martin.
- Lille are on the verge of completing the signing of Liverpool midfielder Joe Cole.
- Newcastle have set their sights on signing Federico Macheda from Manchester United.
- Owen Hargreaves is poised to sign for Manchester City after undergoing a medical.
- Chelsea are planning a shock bid for Bayern Munich star Franck Ribery.
- Peter Crouch is at the centre of a £12m tug-of-war between Sunderland and Stoke.
- QPR are set to sign Shaun Wright-Phillips and Anton Ferdinand for a combined £10m.
- Joe Cole will today decide if he will leave Liverpool for Lille on a season-long loan.
- CSKA Moscow want Man United’s Tomasz Kuszczak to step in for crock Igor Akinfeev.