What the papers say: September 1
- Harry Redknapp managed to hang on to Luka Modric despite Chelsea's late £40million move.
- Mikel Arteta dashed to London to salvage a £10million Arsenal deal - just two hours after it seemed to have fallen apart.
- Craig Bellamy signed for Liverpool just before the transfer deadline.
- Porto's anger at Chelsea for taking Andre Villas-Boas was blamed for the collapse of the £22million Alvaro Pereira deal.
- Wigan landed Scotland midfielder Shaun Maloney from Celtic and Dutch defender Patrick van Aanholt on loan from Chelsea.
- Bolton wanted Jermain Defoe in exchange for Gary Cahill.
- Tottenham Hotspur were last night thwarted in their attempts to secure the much-coveted England centre-half Gary Cahill from Bolton.
- Joe Cole's move to Lille will cost Liverpool more than £3m, after the Reds agreed to pay 60 percent of his wages in exchange for a first refusal option on Eden Hazard.
- Craig Bellamy sealed a return to Liverpool last night.
- Mikel Arteta took a pay cut to force through a move to Arsenal.
- Chelsea bought Raul Meireles from Liverpool for £12 million.
- Tony Pulis signed a trio of stars, with Peter Crouch, Wilson Palacios and Cameron Jerome joining the Potters.
- Bolton signed David Ngog from Liverpool and Gael Kakuta from Chelsea.
- Aston Villa swooped to bring in Alan Hutton and Jermaine Jenas from Tottenham.
- Everton completed a double loan for Real Madrid's Royston Drenthe and Tigre striker Denis Stracqualursi.
- Blackburn captured Birmingham's Scott Dann - after Chris Samba stayed at Ewood Park.
- Sven Goran Eriksson took his transfer window spending to £14.2million with the deadline day signing of Jermaine Beckford from Everton.
- Harry Redknapp signed Scott Parker from West Ham.
- Kenny Dalglish completed his radical overhaul of Liverpool's squad last night by offering Craig Bellamy the chance to return to Anfield four years after leaving the club.
- Harry Redknapp clinched the signing of England midfielder Scott Parker yesterday but failed in a late £12million move for Bolton centre-back Gary Cahill.
Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: http://gms.to/writeforgms