What the papers say: September 6
- Fabio Capello will do all he can to keep Gareth Bale quiet at Wembley tonight.
- Manchester City chief executive Garry Cook was clinging to his job last night after allegedly sending a vile email to the cancer-stricken mother of defender Nedum Onuoha.
- Steven Gerrard is set to return to full training this week.
- Blackburn are considering a January move for Bristol City striker Nick Maynard.
- Thomas Vermaelen could be out for two months after undergoing surgery on an Achilles injury.
- Roy Keane could become the manager of Iceland.
- Steven Gerrard is set to finally return to Liverpool action this week.
- Andrey Arshavin fears the loss of Cesc Fabregas and Samir Nasri will be catastrophic for Arsenal.
- Asamoah Gyan says he is 'flattered' at being pursued - throwing his Sunderland future into doubt.
- Arsenal will make a fresh bid for Gary Cahill in the January transfer window.
- Jonathan Woodgate has thanked Tony Pulis for trusting him to put his injury nightmare behind him.
- Steven Gerrard is delighted to have Craig Bellamy back at Liverpool.
- Wolves want James McFadden after he was dumped by Birmingham.
- Manchester United passed up the opportunity to sign Jack Rodwell from Everton for £15 million during the transfer window.
- Yossi Benayoun did not have medical prior to completing his loan move from Chelsea to Arsenal.
- Manchester City were last night holding top-level talks to consider Garry Cook's position.
- Fabio Capello has said England are not to blame for the ankle injury that will sideline Jack Wilshere for at least another two months.
- Manchester City chief executive Garry Cook was fighting for his job last night.
- Fabio Capello the way Arsenal have handled Jack Wilshere's injury.
- Porto have threatened to report Chelsea for their conduct surrounding their approach for Alvaro Pereira.
- Thomas Vermaelen has undergone an Achilles operation in Sweden.
- Mick McCarthy is ready to sign James McFadden.
- Owen Coyle hopes Gary Cahill will sign a new contract.
Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: http://gms.to/writeforgms