Swindon striker Leon Clarke has moved to Chesterfield on a three-month loan after his pitchside bust-up with Paolo di Canio.

The 26-year-old was told by Town boss di Canio that he would never play for the club again following their extraordinary spat last week.

Clarke, who only joined Swindon from QPR three weeks ago, initially refused to leave the pitch with di Canio at the end of the 3-1 Carling Cup defeat by Southampton.

The row then continued in the tunnel where the pair had to be separated.

Swindon chairman Jeremy Wray told the club's official website: "Both manager and player are keen to put the matter behind them and move on, and it is felt this move is in the best interests of all parties."

Clarke has now penned a loan deal with Chesterfield and could make his debut against Bournemouth on Saturday.

Copyright (c) PA Sport 2009, All Rights Reserved.

Topics:
#Leon Clarke
#Football
#Bournemouth
#League Cup
#Southampton
#Swindon Town
#Chesterfield
#Queens Park Rangers
#League Two