npower League Two bottom club Plymouth suffered their sixth defeat in seven games after losing 2-0 at home to Port Vale

Gary Roberts struck both goals for Port Vale while each team finished with 10 men following dismissals.

Visiting striker Marc Richards saw red just after half-time while Plymouth's Ladjie Soukouna was sent off in conceding the 84th-minute penalty that Roberts netted his second goal from.

Crewe continued to climb the standings after beating Barnet 3-1 to record their third successive win. Luke Murphy, Shaun Miller and Adam Dugdale netted Crewe's goals with Izale McLeod replying for the visitors.

Swindon made it back-to-back triumphs with goals from Jonathan Smith and Mehdi Kerrouche earning them a 2-0 victory over Southend.

Bradford picked up their sixth point of the season after salvaging a 2-2 draw at home to Bristol Rovers thanks to two Michael Flynn penalties - the second coming in stoppable time. Rovers twice led through goals from Matt Harrold and Eliot Richards, but Flynn successfully converted his spot-kicks to earn Bradford a draw.

Aldershot also scored an injury-time equaliser to deny AFC Wimbledon the three points, Danny Hylton's goal giving his side a 1-1 draw just moments after the visitors, who had led since Max Porter's 17th-minute header, lost Ricky Wellard to a second booking.

Gillingham and Accrington Stanley also played out a 1-1 draw, Luke Rooney's 88th-minute penalty for the Gills cancelling out Ian Craney opener four minutes previously, while the clash between Northampton and Torquay finished goalless.

The points were also shared at Oxford, who surrendered a two-goal lead to draw 2-2 against Burton Albion.

Goals from Alfie Potter and Peter Leven either side of half-time put Oxford in charge, but Burton hit back with a Justin Richards double, his second goal coming from a 66th-minute penalty.

Copyright (c) PA Sport 2009, All Rights Reserved.

Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: