What the papers say: September 16
- Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard has played in a practice match and could make his Reds comeback this weekend.
- Chelsea new boy Juan Mata says this will turn out to be team-mate Fernando Torres' season.
- Bolton skipper Kevin Davies has been told to ‘carry on crunching’ by boss Owen Coyle after coming under fire from Manchester United.
- Wigan goalkeeper Chris Kirkland has been told to forget about trying to resurrect his career with a loan move.
- Everton midfielder Marouane Fellaini could be set to follow Mikel Arteta to Arsenal in January.
- Henri Lansbury moved to West Ham on loan in order to force Arsenal to offer him a new contract.
- Chelsea could be prepared to offload Fernando Torres in January, with AC Milan ready to offer Robinho in exchange.
- Cesc Fábregas has denied writing off Arsenal's chances of winning the Premier League or Champions League.
- Team GB's multimillionaire footballers have promised to share functional rooms in the Olympic Village during the Games.
- Hope Powell will take charge for her 140th game on Saturday but must explain criticism of her England players during the World Cup.
- Chelsea's Florent Malouda could be set for a January switch to Bayern Munich.
- Newcastle boss Alan Pardew is planning a £5m January bid for Southampton's Rickie Lambert.
- Leeds want to sign Stevenage winger Lawrie Wilson.
- Gabriel Agbonlahor blames Gerard Houllier for 'killing' his England hopes.