What the papers say: October 7
- Fabio Capello insists Wayne Rooney is relaxed and focused on firing England to the Euro 2012 finals.
- Harry Redknapp is lining up a move for Crewe's teenage wonderkid Max Clayton.
- Arsene Wenger has been warned that Arsenal will not spend their way out of trouble in the January transfer window.
- Liverpool's vice-captain Jamie Carragher has admitted his career could be over in a year's time.
- Everton are considering Caen defender Yroundu Musavu-King.
- Mikel Arteta has claimed he signed for Arsenal without having a medical first.
- Millwall have agreed to sign QPR striker Patrick Agyemang on loan.
- Wolves midfielder Nenad Milijas will seek to quit the club if he has not regained his first-team place by December.
- David Beckham has hinted at a Tottenham and QPR snub for an LA Galaxy stay.
- Tottenham’s Rafael Van Der Vaart could be set for a surprise January exit.
- Arsenal captain Robin Van Persie has put Manchester rivals City and United on red alert.
- Ivan Gazidis has insisted Arsenal can cope financially if they missed out on Champions League football.
- Aaron Ramsey has described Arsenal's dismal start to the season as 'not acceptable'.
- Danielle De Rossi is set to snub Manchester City and Chelsea and sign a new deal at Roma.
- Ex-Manchester United and Chelsea midfielder Juan Veron will retire later this month.
- Fulham's £10.6million summer buy Bryan Ruiz admits he is struggling to cope with the pace of the Barclays Premier League.