Fulham forward Bryan Ruiz has revealed he had hoped to join Tottenham in the summer, rather than move to Craven Cottage.
The Costa Rica international signed for the Cottagers in the final hours of the transfer window for a reported £10.6 million, but has struggled to make an impact of note thus far.
Ruiz's exit from Twente seemed like a forgone conclusion in August as Fulham pursued his signature, while Spurs were also linked with a move for the 26-year-old.
And, says Ruiz, Harry Redknapp had shown an interest of sorts in bringing him to White Hart Lane, but Spurs never tabled a formal offer.
"I did not want Fulham," Ruiz told Voetbal International. "Previously Tottenham were interested. This is a club that you say 'yes' to. But it was never real.
"On August 30 Fulham arrived in the bidding. My manager called and said there was an agreement between the clubs and that we were going to London. I hesitated again, but he convinced me.
"Attractive financial terms and a conversation with Martin Jol won me over."
Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: http://gms.to/writeforgms