Newcastle striker Demba Ba has rubbished suggestions that there has been contact from Manchester United regarding a proposed transfer to Old Trafford.
The Senegalese hitman has been in sensational form since signing for the Magpies, and has registered 15 strikes in 19 Barclays Premier League outings this season.
It was claimed on Tuesday that Ba's exploits had caught the attention of Sir Alex Ferguson, particularly after the 26-year-old's starring display in Newcastle's win over United last week.
And United's reported interest in Ba was soon confirmed by Armand Doorn, an supposed member of the former West Ham forward's management team.
"It is true Manchester United, it's true but nothing concrete," he told the International Business Times.
However, Ba has since claimed Doorn is 'lying' and even suggested he does not know the man in question.
Ba posted on Twitter: "Really, I don't know how desperate this "armand doorn" can be to talk like he's my agent!! He's nothing for me. Stop lying and show respect."
In a further development, a spokesman for Ba's management team confirmed Doorn does not speak on behalf of the player.
“Armand Doorn is not Demba’s agent," the spokesman told talkSPORT.
"Alex Gontran is the only person who can speak on his behalf and Newcastle have not had an offer for him."
Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: http://gms.to/writeforgms