What the papers say: January 13
- Kenny Dalglish has made his opening move for Wilfried Zaha after making a personal call to Crystal Palace manager Dougie Freedman.
- Frank Lampard has been told he remains an important part of Chelsea’s plans.
- The female official at the centre of the Paul Jewell sexism row has told friends she was not offended by his ill-judged comments about her.
- Carlos Tevez is still hopeful that his move to Milan can be resurrected.
- Newcastle United are ready to return with an improved offer for Manchester United's talented but troubled 18-year-old midfielder Ravel Morrison.
- Mark Hughes is considering a cut-price move for Roque Santa Cruz from former club Manchester City.
- Southampton manager Nigel Adkins may offer up to £6 million for his former Scunthorpe protege Gary Hooper.
- Mario Balotelli could be ready to extend his Manchester City contract after his agent said he was too "big" to return to Italy now.
- Chelsea boss Andre Villas-Boas is plotting a summer swoop for highly-rated Lille playmaker Eden Hazard.
- Manchester United midfielder Darron Gibson is set to seal a cut-price Everton move today.
- Steve Kean will today try to stop Chris Samba turning his back on Blackburn.
Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: http://gms.to/writeforgms