Liverpool striker Luis Suarez is being linked with a move away from Anfield, according to The People.
Owner John W Henry is reportedly concerned by the controversy surrounding the race row which currently sees Suarez serving an eight-match ban.
Not due back until February's meeting with Tottenham Hotspur, Suarez could be offloaded this month, with Inter Milan and Real Madrid favourites to snap him up.
Henry feels that following a myriad of scathing headlines, Suarez could be considered 'damaged goods' which may affect future commercial deals.
The Reds sealed a long-term deal with Warrior last week, which could earn the club in the region of £25 million per year, and while manager Kenny Dalglish said the deal proves the club are still a world-wide institution, Henry is worried those types of deals could be limited in the wake of the Suarez affair.
Adding fuel to the fire, former Red Stan Collymore said on Twitter on Saturday: "Rumour: Luis Suarez courted by Real Madrid.€45 million mentioned."
Suarez's performances during the back end of last season, and at the start of the current campaign, have propelled him to stardom on Merseyside.
His importance to the Liverpool cause has been there for all to see in recent weeks, with the club having won one of their last six league games in the absence of Suarez.
However, with Andy Carroll showing few signs of improving, and Dirk Kuyt without a league goal this season, Dalglish is unlikely to part with his star turn, with a potential Carling Cup final at Wembley and a push at Champions League qualification on the horizon.
Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: http://gms.to/writeforgms