Inter Milan midfielder Wesley Sneijder says he is aware of interest in his signature from Manchester United, although has not received any official contact from the Premier League champions.
The 27-year-old has been frequently linked with a move to Old Trafford for a number of months, and had been tipped as a natural successor to Paul Scholes.
However, amid suggestions United could move for Sneijder in January, Scholes came out of retirement to end any hopes the Dutchman could move to Manchester during the transfer window.
The return of Scholes is, though, only a short-term fix for Sir Alex Ferguson, and the United boss may be tempted to make a formal approach for Sneijder at the end of the season.
Sneijder, meanwhile, is currently content with life at the San Siro, but could be tempted to leave Inter, should the right offer come in.
"There have never been any concrete contacts with Manchester United," Sneijder told Nos. "I see everything, I am not blind, but there is nothing concrete right now.
"I am happy at Inter, but we will see. I currently have no contacts with other clubs and I am living day by day.
"If on the last day of the transfer window an offer had arrived, maybe I would have left.
"The truth is that I feel at home at Inter, but I do not know where I will play next season."
Sneijder has also been linked with a move to mega-rich Anzhi Makhachkala, before the Russian transfer window closes on February 24.
According to Sportmediaset, Anzhi are lining up a €25 million offer for Sneijder, in the hope of bringing him to Dinamo Stadium.
Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: http://gms.to/writeforgms