Tottenham Hotspur manager Harry Redknapp says he’s not been approached over taking over as England manager.
The 64-year-old is the hot favorite to succeed Fabio Capello, following his resignation earlier this month.
A stumbling block in any move into the international fold would be Redknapp’s ties for Spurs, who are set for their highest finish in Premier League history.
"No, I haven't been approached," Redknapp said.
Redknapp’s loyalty to Tottenham cold see him reject the opportunity to join England, instead choosing to continue his good work at White Hart Lane.
Victory over Arsenal in Sunday’s north London derby would all but confirm that Spurs will finish above The Gunnera for the first time since 1995.
If Redknapp did turn down The Football Association’s advances, current interim boss Stuart Pearce would be a strong candidate to lead England into Euro 2012.
Pearce announced his first squad as temporary boss, and Redknapp’s experience of him as a player gives him reason to believe he’ll be successful in his short spell.
"I am sure he will do well," Redknapp said.
"I signed him as a player for West Ham and he was fantastic. I tried to sign him two years before but the chairman at West Ham at the time said 'he's too old Harry, he's finished'.
"Then he went to Newcastle, didn't do so great, but I took him to West Ham two years later and he was absolutely fantastic. He was top class."
Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: http://gms.to/writeforgms