Roberto di Matteo has admitted he had little to do with the deal that will bring Werder Bremen midfielder Marko Marin to Stamford Bridge at the end of the season.
The Blues announced on Saturday that they had concluded a deal believed to be worth around €8 million for the German international.
Di Matteo has overseen a remarkable turnaround at Stamford Bridge since taking up the reins following the departure of Andre Villas-Boas, guiding the Blues to the FA Cup and Champions League finals.
Despite the turnaround in fortunes, Di Matteo has yet to be named manager on a permanent basis, and he admitted that he had little input on the signing of Marin.
“I tend to give my recommendation but, ultimately, the club decides who they want to sign,” he told Sky Sports.
"He's a very good player, technically very good, skillful. He will add some qualities to this team."
Chelsea have a history of going over their manager’s head to land transfer targets, with Villas-Boas previously admitting that he had nothing to do with the signing of Genk youngster Kevin de Bruyne during the January transfer window.
Previous boss Carlo Ancelotti was also subject to a similar ordeal, with the signing of Fernando Torres by owner Roman Abramovich said to be one of the main reasons behind the Italian’s eventual exit.
Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: http://gms.to/writeforgms