Harry Redknapp says Tottenham would be 'finished' if they allowed either Luka Modric or Gareth Bale to leave White Hart Lane this summer.
Modric was a target for Chelsea last year and, despite the Croatian requesting to leave the club, Spurs chairman Daniel Levy stood firm and rebuffed numerous bids from the Blues.
Bale, meanwhile, has been frequently left with a move away from north London, and reports on Friday claim the Welsh winger is a target for Premier League leaders Manchester City.
Redknapp, though, maintains that Spurs have no intention of selling their prized assets, and believes doing so would ruin the club's chances of success.
"If you start selling your best players you're finished," Redknapp told his weekly press conference.
"We are not looking to sell our best players. We are looking to build a team here, not dismantle."
He added: "If we go backwards, we're going nowhere basically, are we? We will slump back into mid-table mediocrity and we don't want that."
Spurs are currently in possession of a much coveted spot in the top four with two games remaining but, should they fail to qualify for the Champions League for a second successive season, Modric and Bale may consider their options.
Modric in particular has had itchy feet in the past, but Redknapp believes that Levy will not sell the Croatian this summer, despite reported interest from Manchester United.
"The chairman made a stance with Modric last year - the stance was that we are looking to build, to add to the group we've got and improve for next year."
Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: http://gms.to/writeforgms