Redknapp rubbishes Bale tale

Published Add your comment

Harry Redknapp has dismissed a report claiming Tottenham have agreed a fee with Barcelona for the sale of star winger Gareth Bale.

Spanish newspaper Marca suggested that Spurs had sanctioned Bale's departure to the current European champions for a fee of 40 million euros. Bale admitted last month that he would not be able to turn down a move to the Catalan giants and Barca defender Dani Alves said in a recent interview that the Welshman would fit in well at the Nou Camp.

Redknapp insists the 22-year-old is not leaving White Hart Lane this summer, however. The Spurs boss told a press conference on Friday morning: "I don't know anything about [the story linking Bale with Barcelona]."

Copyright (c) PA Sport 2012, All Rights Reserved.

Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE:

Tottenham Hotspur
Premier League
Gareth Bale

Article Comments

Report author of article

Please let us know if you believe this article is in violation of our editorial policy, please only report articles for one of the following reasons.

Report author


This article has been written by a member of the GiveMeSport Writing Academy and does not represent the views of or SportsNewMedia. The views and opinions expressed are solely that of the author credited at the top of this article. and SportsNewMedia do not take any responsibility for the content of its contributors.

Want more content like this?

Like our GiveMeSport Facebook Page and you will get this directly to you.

Already Subscribed to Facebook, don't ask me again

Follow GiveMeSport on Twitter and you will get this directly to you.

Already Following, don't ask me again

Like our GiveMeSport Page and you will get this directly to you.

Already Subscribed to G+, don't ask me again