Harry Redknapp feels he would have been sacked even if Tottenham had qualified for the Champions League - but is not ready to retire just yet.
Spurs confirmed the 65-year-old's departure in the early hours of Thursday. The manager said he felt it was inevitable, regardless of Spurs losing out on Champions League football again despite finishing fourth in the Barclays Premier League, because of Chelsea's Champions League final triumph over Bayern Munich last month.
"We missed out on third place by one point in the end, but that is how it goes," Redknapp told the BBC. "I think the same outcome would have happened, the chairman would have gone down the same road. I had four great years at Spurs. All you can do is leave the club in a better state than you found it and I did that, for sure."
Copyright (c) PA Sport 2012, All Rights Reserved.
Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: http://gms.to/writeforgms