- Sir Alex Ferguson has held private discussions with Arsene Wenger over attempts to complete a dramatic swoop for Robin van Persie.
- Danny Welbeck will sign a five-year contract worth £75,000 a week at Manchester United.
- Liverpool will make a move for Swansea's Ashley Williams if Daniel Agger moves to Manchester City.
- Jermain Defoe fears he could be forced to quit Tottenham if he is facing another season on the bench.
- Daniel Agger has said he'd 'rather stay' at Liverpool after the club turned down a £20m offer for the Dane from Manchester City.
- Everton have joined a number of clubs interested in signing the Caen striker M'Baye Niang.
- Petr Cech insisted last night that opposition supporters intent on winding up John Terry by subjecting him to abusive chants are wasting their time.
- Tottenham have made an £18m bid for Yann M'Vila, while Arsenal's interest has cooled.
- Yaya Toure believes Manchester City have a ‘perfect partnership’ in Carlos Tevez and Sergio Aguero.
- Ian Holloway has denied rumours that Blackpool are poised to move for QPR midfielder Joey Barton.