- Arsenal are set to make an ambitious bid to sign Newcastle midfielder Cheick Tiote.
- Alan Pardew will make a third and final offer of around £6million to French side Lille later this week for 27-year-old right-back Mathieu Debuchy.
- Sunderland are weighing up a move for Tottenham defender Michael Dawson, who has rejected a move to QPR.
- Manchester United are plotting a £9million swoop for St Etienne defender Kurt Zouma.
- Fulham have stepped up their chase for £3million-rated Ivory Coast striker Yannick Sagbo, 24.
Mail on Sunday:
- Tottenham are on alert as Manchester United prepare to offload Nani and Anderson, to offset a busy summer of spending at Old Trafford.
- Andre Villas-Boas will press ahead with a move for Birmingham City's goalkeeper Jack Butland - also a target for Liverpool and Manchester City.
- Roberto Mancini could quit as Manchester City boss inside a year if he does not receive the backing he requires from the board at the Etihad Stadium.
- Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers reveals that he rejected the chance to be Roberto Mancini's assistant at Manchester City.
- Arsenal and Spurs are set to renew their interest in Barcelona midfielder Ibrahim Afellay, but Liverpool will not be in the market for the 26-year-old having had a bid rejected several weeks ago.
- Italian midfielder Andrea Pirlo, claims he'll cut off his long hair and opt for a Mohican like compatriot Mario Balotelli if his Juventus side win the Champions League this season.