Despite the headline signings of Eden Hazard to Chelsea, Robin van Perise to Manchester United, and Luka Modric to Real Madrid, it's Paris Saint Germain who have made the biggest splash in the 2012 summer transfer market.
The Ligue 1 club secured the signatures of three of the ten most expensive players during the recent window, which closed for business on Friday evening, not to reopen again until January.
Brazilian attacking midfielder Lucas Moura - another player bound for the French capital - was actually the biggest deal negotiated this window, with €45 million set to change hands between PSG and Sao Paulo. But, with the 19-year-old playmaker arriving in January, the transfer will count towards the 2013 mid-season window.
In ascending order, GiveMeFootball lists the top ten most expensive summer signings:
10. Zlatan Ibrahimovic | AC Milan to PSG | £16m
9. Santi Cazorla | Malaga to Arsenal | £16m
8. Javi Garcia | Benfica to Manchester City | £16m
7. Ezequiel Lavezzi | Napoli to PSG | £24m
6. Robin van Persie | Arsenal to Manchester United | £24m
5. Oscar | Internacional to Chelsea | £25m
4. Javi Martinez | Athletic Bilbao to Bayern Munich | £32m
3. Eden Hazard | Lille to Chelsea | £32m
2. Luka Modric | Tottenham to Real Madrid | £33m
1. Thiago Silva | AC Milan to PSG | £34m
Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: http://gms.to/writeforgms